Organizations applying must meet the following criteria:
- Grant request must range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $25,000.
- Must provide organized sport opportunities for youth 18 years or younger.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving youth in a zip code with a poverty rate of 15% or more OR be a public/charter school with at least 40% of students receiving a free or reduced-price lunch.
- Organization must operate on the local level or be an affiliate/chapter of a larger organization that operates locally and directly benefits the service area of the facility from which they are requesting funding.
- Grant must be used to support the playing of youth sports (examples include equipment, registration fees, league costs, infrastructure support, etc.). Funding will NOT be provided for playground creation/refurbishments, fundraisers, or e-sports.
- An organization/school cannot receive more than one Sports Matter grant in a calendar year. Grants are not automatically renewed; there is no guarantee of continuous funding.
- Non-charities, including organizations recognized as 501(c)(4)s, (c)(6)s, and (c)(19)s like homeowner’s associations, civic leagues or volunteer fire companies, private schools and colleges/universities, and individuals are not eligible at this time.
- All grant applications are made subject to review of the organization’s reputation and activities, and its agreement to comply with applicable terms and conditions. Submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
- An organization/team must agree to comply with the DICK’S and The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation’s anti-discrimination policy, which states that discrimination is prohibited based on race, color, creed, ancestry, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
- When our grant application window is open, submitted applications will be reviewed by The DICK’S Foundation team in the order they are received.
- The grant administrator reserves the right to adjust the amount awarded to each organization without prior notice.
- Organizations will be notified of any decision via email. All funding decisions are final.
- If an organization is approved, a grant agreement must be signed by the recipient contact included in the application.
- Grant checks will be mailed directly to the recipient's address as listed in the application. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery.